The Vaughn Family and Community Center is committed to provide families with resources in our community related to health and wellbeing. Please click on the links below to get more information on the services that our partners provide.
The Toy Loan Program is a free service which allows children to borrow toys in the same manner in which they borrow books from the public library.
- The Toy Loan Program helps to develop a sense of responsibility in children through the observance of an honor code and merit system that gives praise and recognition when toys are returned on time and undamaged.
- The child is rewarded with a new “incentive toy” to keep and take home with them after participation in the program for 5, 10, and 20 weeks. If the borrowed toy is broken or lost, it will take longer to receive his/her "incentive" toy.
- Families can join the program when they stop by the Family and Community Center and simply fill out a registration card with name and address. No ID is required.
- The hours for this program are every Tuesday from 12:45 pm - 3:00 pm. The program is open to the community.
The Uniform Exchange Program is a service that the Vaughn Family & Community Center offers to all who attend the school. Using the uniform exchange is a great way to clothe your child in previously worn uniform attire at no cost. Donations of gently used uniforms are what keep this program running. Here is a brief overview of how the program is set up to function:
- Gently used uniforms are turned into the school at the Family and Community Center.
- All pieces are inspected, inventoried, and cataloged.
- Parents receive Parent Involvement hours for each usable donated piece.
- Parents browse the uniform inventory for pieces needed and are available.
- A uniform piece can be exchanged for a smaller or larger size at no cost.
Uniforms can be donated or acquired at a walk-in basis in room 1 at our Family & Community Center.